Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Brief Recap

I had a great day. I went to meditation, did some asana, cooked lunch at the ashram, picked my 14-year old friend up from school and went hiking. Then she and I met up with Rakini to cook dinner for a bunch of folks. We all ate the dinner which was great and hung out for a while. Then I came home, talked with Rachel and now it is time for bed. Past time for bed, in fact. I am super sleepy

Tomorrow after meditation I am going to teach a class at Prescott Yoga, which should be a lot of fun. And then I will practice and then meet Allison, my mentor, friend, and former landlord for lunch. Then I will meet my 16-year old friend Neith for a hike and then out to the ashram for the evening programs and then I leave first thing on Friday morning.

It is fun hanging out with my teenager friends while I am on this visit. I used to teach them cooking class and yoga class when I lived here because they were home schooled then. So I have known them for so long-- since they were like 6 and 8 years old--and now they are driving and growing up and so it is great to connect with them and catch up with who they are becoming.

It has been a great trip. If I get a chance I will check in tomorrow but if not, its because I am busy with my visit. I have had lots to reflect upon on this trip. Mostly I am really aware of how great a place it is here and how great a place I moved to. I am pretty damn lucky when you get right down to it. Lots of love everywhere I turn. What great fortune. I am really looking forward to the Immersion this weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sweet, sweet Christina. You sound like yourself. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I have been a bit bogged down lately. Reading your blog tonight I am reconnected with the possibility of my own bliss and contentedness. I won't be at the immersion this weekend, but I feel truly blessed to be your student, be amongst the same kula, and generally to be on the planet with all of you. I love you all so much. I too am thankful for this life, this yoga and you.