Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thusrsday

Well, Tuesday evening classes went very well. There were lots of new and familiar faces in class at 4:30. We worked on a variety of standing poses mostly and some specific work to activate the thigh loop from the back body. It was technical alignment but fairly basic poses so I think it was great blend of challenge within what is familiar. The advanced class worked toward eka pada rajakapotasana which was Anne's request. She called me up and said, "I am just so tired of not being able to do that pose!" So we all worked on Anne's behalf and so many folks had great openings.

A big highlight from the class was that Maggie was there. Maggie was in the third part of my Immersion with Darren in Tucson (now enrolling for August 2009, BTW- www.yogaoasis.com) and she was driving across the county to Tennessee for her new job and she arranged her trip so she could be with us on Tuesday night. How cool is that? That, and she did a rockin' eka pada rajakpaotasana demo!)

I mentioned this in class but it is a really cool thing about practicing Anusara Yoga- we join not just as a local community but as an international community of practitioners. After several years at this you realize you have friends all over the globe and that community-oriented is so far beyond your local scene. It's a very cool thing. Of course, local community is pretty fantastic also. That is one of the things I love about travelling some and teaching in other places -I get a chance to participate in the flavor of different local communities because they are all slightly different even though they are all kind of alike also! And of course, that is made more interesting because I get to come home also and be part of things here.

Well, I spent Tuesday night preparing the final materials for the Teacher Training which was to start on Wednesday and when I got ready for bed I realized that I might be getting a urinary tract infection. I was right; it was full blown by 3am when I had to go to the ER and to make a long story short, I have been in bed with a catheter since early Wednesday morning. And I am now doing much better but we had to switch the schedule for the training considerably (And at great inconvenience to the students...I AM SO SORRY, GUYS... believe me, I would so much rather be teaching that training than laying on the couch with a catheter... TMI, huh? probably...)

So the Teacher training is on. We will meet Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and Sunday and then make up 10 hours another time (most likely July.) We have a small group so I am very confident we are going to be able to cover the bulk of the information quite easily and efficiently. In some ways having the chance to come back together for an additional 10 hours is perfect because what it will do is give everyone a chance to work with the material and then come back with specific questions based on real-life application. That will make the training even more relevant.

Just a reminder to everybody that next Wednesday I begin teaching at 4:30 at Breath and Body. And I will be teaching more at Breath and Body in May so as soon as those plans are confirmed, I will let you know about that.

4 comments:

Liz B. said...

Thanks for the update, Ms. Sell. I was very saddened to hear about your illness. I myself loathe catheterization, so you have my deepest sympathies. I look forward to seeing you well soon.

Christina Sell said...

I think loathe is the word. Yes, that covers it. Tomorrow. Back in action.

kim said...

Glad you're feeling better. One of your TT students told me about your sudden illness in class last night, so we sent good healing energy your way!

Pamela said...

Bad news my friend, take care of YOU! Conserve some energy. You can't give what you don't have.

Love,
P