Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Evening

Well, it was an absolutely fabulous weekend, I thought. At the end of the training I asked people to reflect on a few questions:

1. What are the 3 most important things did you learned this weekend?
2. What will you continue to work on?
3. What is your greatest strength as a teacher?

My answers:

1. I learned was how much I enjoy the people in this group. Now this is not new or anything, just the depth of my realization struck me repeatedly. This group is just full of caring, comitted, funny, fun, smart, sassy, intense, compassionate and wise people who are great to be around. For instance we all sat outside at lunch laughing hysterically and then just walked inside and immediately switched gears into Teacher Traning without missing a beat. It was seamless. This is because of the caliber of student and person in attendance and the deep bonding that has happened. 2. I learned that the efficacy of breaking things down into super-simple conceptual chunks should not be underestimated. 3. I learned that there is no better work for me to be doing than teaching people to practice and teach Anusara Yoga. This work asks me to be my best self and to purify those things that interfere with that expression. One thing that really struck me along those lines is how incredible it is to have a job that is about creating communities of people that are dedicated to suppporting and uplifting one another. I mean does it get better than that?

I want to continue to work on softening, trusting myself and refining the teaching excercises so they are as effective as possible.

I think my greatest strength as a teacher is my passion and clarity. (Okay that is two things. Passionate clarity. How is that?) But really, I am and have been for quite some time now- like 20 years- passionate about education. And I love yoga with a passion. So to be involved in yoga education and in the process of helping people to educate others in yoga is a dream life.

I am totally on fire about it all. (Must be the red and orange outfit I had on today!!!) But really, it was a really potent weekend for me. The content, the context, the company... All of it. Thanks to those who were a part of it.

Picutres from Ari can be viewed here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatnot/sets/72157605890235054/with/2623150341/

I am going to spend the morning in Austin and the catch a plane to Vancouver. Another fun thing awaits.

No comments: