Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday Morning


Yesterday I managed to sleep in really late and spend the morning catching up on work and then doing some asana before I headed out to Lululemon to plan the final details for Salutation Nation this Saturday. It is going to be a great event and I am really excited to be teaching this complimentary, outdoor class. The class will start promptly at 9:00 am at Festival Beach (on the East side of 35 and don't worry, there is LOTS of parking!) and after class we will have food, prizes and a chance to hang out and enjoy begin together.

I think that is the thing I am most excited about about the event. We are hoping to gather several hundred Austin yogi's of all ages and abilities together to enjoy an asana practice, to enjoy the great outdoors and to enjoy being together as a unified community. Equally cool is that almost every Lululemon store across the nation is organizing a group of people to practice together at 9am in their time zone for the same reason! So while we are here in Austin as a community, we will be joining together with a much larger community of people. I think that's a pretty exciting opportunity. I do hope you join the fun.

For more information on the event, Lululemon 6th and Lamar has a Facebook page which is a great resource for the event (as well as other fun things going on with them.) Obviously, we all like their clothes but these kinds of grassroots community events are, in my opinion, what make this company really great. (Okay, that and the universally flattering Groove Pant which makes everybody's butt look good. Seriously. But I digress...) Think back to Zoe and Matt's doing Yoga under the stars and Gioconda's great One Om Event? All made possible with Lululemon's help.

All right, after the planning and the shopping, Kelly and I spent some time together doing email, etc. and then went out to dinner. All in all a very lovely day. My cold is steadily improving and I feel fine however, now Kelly has a sore throat. Oh well.

Today I have a good mix planned of work and play- I have a lot of planning to do for the weekend, I have some bodywork scheduled and a date to go to the pool with Gia (of course, her right arm is in a cast so it will be me swimming and her dangling her feet in the water from the side) and I have a chunk of time set aside for asana which I am excited about.

Speaking of setting aside time for asana- This month Mandy Eubanks is teaching a Group Practice at the Amala Sanctuary on August 12th and 26th from 4:30-6:30. That will be a lot of fun so come if you can.

Also- please help me spread the word- Starting in September I am going to be teaching a 50-minute Anusara Yoga for Seniors class at Castle Hill Fitness Center on Wednesdays at 11:00. I will teach Focus on Form from 9:30-10:55 and then Seniors Yoga at 11:00. It is going to be a $7 community class and you do not need to be a member to come. Please spread the word to anyone you know who might enjoy a basic, gentle yoga class geared toward Seniors. We will work on strength building, balance, flexibility and relaxation. Certified Iyengar teacher (and my sis) Anne Bowery will teach on the weeks I am out of town.

More tomorrow.