Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday Morning

Well, last night classes were fun as usual. At the 4:30 hatha class we worked on the component parts of arm balances in a a lot of hip openers, standing poses and abdominal exercises- strong shins, strong inner thighs, arm bones back, full kidney loop and strong pelvic loop. We took the actions into eka hasta bhujasana and bakasana. It was really cool to see how many people progressed in the poses and how many people got some insight into the building blocks of those many times challenging postures. I used the theme of remembering the light given that it is the darkest time of the year and the many different religious celebrations these days each celebrate light in some way. And really, every day in yoga is a celebration of the light in each of us.

At the 6:00 advanced class we did a rockin' warm up with standing poses and arm balances in a flow and headed into standing up form urdhva danurasana and dropping back. It was great. So many people have come a very long way in the pose this year. Pammy was dropping back and standing up on her own which was great. I guess she has been able to do that before, but I do not think I have seen her do it until last night. I talked a little about the Grinch who stole Christmas but who by the end, through the power of heart-felt community, grew his heart three times as big. Which is really what we get to do when we come together. Use each other to expand our hearts.

Well, that is it. Today I am going to organize my closets and then do some work on the Corpus Christi Teacher Training that is going to be starting soon. It is such a weird part in my life that I plan things way in advance and then I feel shocked when the time comes for them to begin! I am pretty excited about that project though.

No comments: