Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday

I had a most excellent forward being practice yesterday which completely unwound any lingering tension and soreness from our back bending day of fun. I just love forward bends. I love the way my hips open, my spine lets go, my nervous system slows and my mind clears. Just love it.

Many years ago, before I practiced Anusara Yoga, I went up to my teacher at the time and described to him a certain psychological dynamic I was dealing with in my life at the time. He looked at me and said, "Do more forward bends." So anyway, that was almost ten years ago and I really shifted my practice then.

Obviously, Anusara Yoga is the land of back bending and our group practices get focused that way and I certainly love rousing back bend practices- I really do. But in general I practice seated forward bends at least 3-4 times for every back bending practice I do. Really, they actually makeup the bulk of my practice. Lots of time in forward bends throughout the week means that whenever I want to do anything else- like back bends, deeper hip work, standing poses, arm balances, etc.- then I am ready; preparing my hips seems to prepare the rest of me nicely.

I also got some work done on my book project and sent off to my editor, my toenails painted and some errands done. Kelly was in school all day and so I had some nice time to work on my projects and to be by myself which I really enjoyed.

So that is on my agenda today as well, after a dog walk and tonight we have classes here in San Marcos. It is the last class before we are closed for Summer Break.

Well, there are other things I could write about that are kind of simmering inside me but this is about all that has bubbled up to the surface for sharing at this point. More tomorrow.

No comments: