Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday Night

Wow- another amazing day here! Before I launch into a description of the day here is a short video montage from Day One that Casey made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcVZQ95lr10.

We had another great class in the hall with John this morning. He covered the theme of good and evil and how we can, as yogi's, utilize everything we experience- the good and the bad, the light and the dark as a means to wake up to the truth of our nature. He linked his theme to the Autumnal Equinox as this marks the shift from the light dominating the days to the dark being more dominant. It was a great class and fun to assist. He taught a variety of arm balances and it was a much stronger practice than yesterday.

We had lunch, I did a practice and then I taught my class. The title of my class was Urdhva Danurasana and Beyond which was an int/advanced level class and full of amazing practioners and students. Everyone was so hard working and so open and easy to teach. We covered a lot of ground and worked mostly on drop backs and standing up from urdhva danurasana. Lots of details and lots of fine tuning and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I know I did. Kelly made a video from the class: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJj55STzo18

Anyway- after class we had dinner, there was a rockin' kirtan with Benjy and Heather and now it is definitely time for bed. There is way more to say- mostly refelctions on the amazingness of the people here- but I must rest. Tomorrow comes early.

No comments: