Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday Morning

Well, this will probably be a short post. I am enjoying my time in Lavonia. It is pretty relaxing here. I realized yesterday that I had not even left the house since Sunday when we went to buy groceries right after I got here. Mom and Dad's house is right on a lake and their lot is full of big and very green trees and and so it is a restful and beautiful environment to be in.

After a tasty break fast of watermelon yesterday, I practiced asana for a few hours. Then my parent's POD was delivered. (no, they are not aliens. the POD is not an inter-space transport system. It is a storage unit that they are packing up and then will get moved to Texas.) So then we ate lunch and started moving furniture into the POD. So that was pretty hot work. Dad and I managed to work for a few hours- we moved a dresser, two bedside tables, a cabinet, lots of pictures, lots of copies of my fathers book and some other varies things before we had to come inside and rest. Of course, once we got inside the air conditioning was not working and so it wasn't quite as rejuvenating as it might have been. At least their house is very shaded so it could've been much worse. Eventually, the air got fixed, Mom went to her Red Hat Meeting and Dad and I went out to dinner. All in all a pretty fun day.

Our plan is to get out and start moving some things this morning before it gets really hot. They are at the very hard part of moving- most of the big stuff is packed and already living in Texas, Now they have lots of odds and ends to sort through, find a place for or decide to give away. This stage of moving, in my experience, always takes a little longer than it seems like its going to.

Well, that's the news for today. I am so happy to be here and have some time to be a little drawn in and quieter than usual. It is immensely nourishing. More on that later.

No comments: