Friday, February 26, 2010

In Idaho

Well, I have arrived safe and sound in Driggs, Idaho. My lovely host Brigitte (co-owner of Yoga Tejas picked me up from Jackson Hole, Wyoming. What a beautiful day it is here also- clear, sunny, mild weather for winter in Idaho and snow covered mountains all around. So beautiful. I must say I do love the mountains. Of course last week I was saying how much I love the beach. Truth be told, I love them both.

I am really psyched to be here. I had an awesome drive over with Brigitte talking about the great outdoors, yoga trends, certification videos, mountain biking, skiing and so forth. A lovely and dynamic pitta person, Brigitte graduated from Harvard, went to work for N.O.L.S. (National Outdoor Leadership School) and after many years with them made her way here and following some adventures bought the studio with Cate Stillman from certified Anusara Yoga teacher Sundari. Sundari is one of my oldest friends in Anusara Yoga and one of the earliest certified teachers and one of the most inspiring people I know. Cate, the other studio owner, was one of my mentees when she was coming up in the certification process and so we have a connection that way. All this is to say that it is fun to be here in Driggs and to have a chance to see Cate, Brigitte, Sundari (who now lives in Jackson but will be here this weekend) and the whole gang here. And I heard some rumors that Leslie from Salt Lake City will be here and some other friends from afar. So that is something to look forward to.

I finished the very last Tuesday/Thursday afternoon class yesterday with a forward bend and twist class. We did back bends on Tuesday so it seemed only appropriate to end on deep forward bends and twists on Thursday. The class will continue- Clayton will teach a class called Eclectic Flow so if you have already been coming at 4:30, keep coming at 4:30. I will continue to teach Wednesdays at 9:30 and 6:00 when I am in town. During the month of March, the only time I am in town on Wednesday is March 10- so reserve the date. I expect come April I will be offering some special classes and practices so stay tuned for that.

I guess that is about it for today. I got up super early and have been in travel-zone for most of the day. Once I finish this I will plan my class for tonight, meet Cate for a massage and then teach class. I seriously need a nap!

more later.

No comments: