Monday, October 6, 2008

More Immersion Photos

Here are a few (well, more than a few pictures) from the week. (Thanks, Catherine. Lots of these are from her camera.) Okay well, lots could be said about the day today but I am a bit too tired to put words to it all. It has beena very ful week. I cannotbeleive tomorrow is our lsat day together. It is amazing how far everyone has come and how cohesive the group has become. It has been a really inspiring week.

Scenes from practice...

Rooting the femurs back... The utanasana lesson...

Rachel in ustrasana.... Kat, getting an experiential answer to her very timely question of "how do I activate my back leg in janu sirsasana?"

Darren steping in to point out kidney loop in eka pada rajakapotasana prep...
Amanda, full natrajrasana with a little help... Melt MORE, Miriam...

Karen, pinca mayurasana demo Darren, pointing out "reverse kidney and pelvic loops"
Darren, pointing out "With loops flowing the optimal way"
Jane, loving (sort of) baddha konasana... Mark, with a break through baddha konasana. He started with his knees way higher than his hips and then voila- apply the principles and see the magic happen.


Scott, kandasana-- this is a very subtle hip opener...
me, ustrasana demo... me, working with Amanda in sarvangasana
Now for the scenes from the potluck-- We had a potluck Sunday night. We all agreed it was one of the best yoga potlucks ever. I personally think it hard to beat the Prescott Yoga potlucks we used to have at Prescott Coffee Roasters. (Back me up on this one, Prescott readers...) They were the best ever- but that is a ridiculously high standard to set so for all practical purposes of comparison, this one ranked right up there. People brought real food and lots of it was homemade and super tasty vegan faire. Yum.

The group...

Amanda and Scott

Matt on the crystal bed... Johnny...
Me, eating a fantastic curry...


Darren with a full belly of yummy food...

Mark
Miriam, Lori, James..
Tanya...
Tiffany...
More soon!

5 comments:

Pamela said...

What fun pix. Love the clothes too, CT. You're looking fab. I feel a personal challenge to have a pot luck ... a pot luck to end all all pot lucks and to prove Austin's domination as pot-luckiest!

Love,
Pammy

Kelly said...

How buff and ripped are you in your pictures?
Totally Buffed and Ripped that is how.

Meg said...

Ahem.

I am here to confirm that, indeed, Prescott potlucks were the best ever, and I may actually now live in the potluck capital.
How can you really beat having your own restaurant to have said potluck in? Plenty of seating, cool decor, and did I mention made to order cafe drinks as a little digestif?

Leanne said...

You guys are all making me hungry...

catherine said...

You guys are making me laugh...competitive potluck.