Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday Morning

Well, lots of computer work this morning. Again, I find this pretty interesting since I think what I do is "teach yoga." And that is true. But "teaching yoga" only seems to happen as a result of numerous email exchanges and web-based updates and so forth. How did we actually do it before the world wide web, I wonder. Don't get me wrong, a lot of the correspondences I really enjoy and access to people all over the world in a few seconds is pretty damn cool, if you ask me.

So, I want to make sure that everyone knows about the Book Signing Party at Breath and Body this Friday. I know it is a holiday weekend and that makes it a bit tough for folks as does graduation but even still if you can make it out for a bit then that would be a great show of support for Dr. Phillips. His new book, Yoga Karma and Rebirth is a great book- I have been making my way through it and really enjoying it. Come out and honor Dr. Phillips if you can. He mentions lots of local teachers in his writing and has been a great resource for many of us.

This Friday at Breath and Body Yoga- 4800 Burnet Road
4:00-4:30 Meet the Author
4:30-5:00 Mantras with Dr. Phillips
5:00-6:00 Vinyasa Yoga with Christina
6:30-8:00 Cocktails, snacks and book signing

Also, on a personal note...Today is mine and Kelly's 12th Wedding Anniversary. 12 years ago we tied the knot on a cruise ship in South Florida sailed away on a Carribean honeymoon. And well, in a way, we have been sailing together ever since. Like any voyage at sea, the waters have been rough at times, clear and pristine at others and pretty much everything in between. As much as I love celebrating my birthday- and well, let's just tell the truth here... I am pretty much into celebrating just about anything- I always think my wedding anniversary is a more noteworthy date than my birthday. Really, for a birthday, you just have to stay alive. For a marriage, well, more is definitely involved.

Anyway- time to practice some asana. I have a lot I want to do today.

1 comment:

Dale said...

Definitely ... more involved :-).